Escape the hustle of Disney World and make unforgettable memories with your family at the best beach nearby!
I’ve spent a lot of time in the Orlando area, exploring different beaches that are near Disney World. As a travel blogger, I know the importance of finding a beach that is family-friendly and offers activities that everyone can enjoy. After much exploration, I have found the best beach for families in the area and can’t wait to share it with you.
Nestled just a few miles away from Disney World, this beach offers everything that families could possibly want. From amenities to family-friendly features, this beach has it all. And the atmosphere is unbeatable too – the crowds are just the right size, the noise level is low, and the beach itself is incredibly clean.
In this article, I’ll provide a detailed review of the best beach for families near Disney World. I’ll also suggest some activities that families can participate in during their trip to Orlando. So grab your sunscreen, pack your bags, and get ready for a family-friendly beach adventure!
Review of the Best Beach for Families Near Disney World
I’ve been exploring different beaches near Disney World for quite some time now and I’ve finally found the best one for families. It’s called Cocoa Beach and it’s just an hour’s drive away from Orlando.
Cocoa Beach is a long stretch of sandy beach with crystal clear waters. It’s situated just a few miles away from Cape Canaveral, which is home to the Kennedy Space Center. I found this to be a great place to visit for families who are interested in space exploration. You can even watch rocket launches from the beach if you time your visit right.
What I really love about Cocoa Beach is the family-friendly atmosphere. It’s not too crowded and there’s always plenty of space for everyone. The water is fairly calm, making it safe for children to swim and play in. There are also lifeguards on duty, so parents can rest easy knowing that their children are safe.
The beach is well-maintained, and the sand is consistently clean. There are also plenty of amenities available, such as restrooms, showers, and picnic tables. Plus, there are a number of restaurants and cafes nearby, so you can take a break from the sun and grab a bite to eat.
I compared Cocoa Beach to other beaches in the area, and it definitely came out on top. While some other beaches may be more popular, they tend to be overcrowded and noisy, which can be stressful for families with young children. Cocoa Beach strikes the perfect balance between being peaceful and lively.
Overall, I highly recommend Cocoa Beach to families who are looking for a fun and relaxing day out. It’s a great place to spend a day away from the hustle and bustle of the theme parks, and it’s easy to get to from Orlando.
Activities for Families at the Beach
When it comes to planning a family-friendly vacation, it’s essential to find activities that everyone will enjoy. Luckily, the beach I discovered near Disney World has plenty of options for families. Here are some of my favorite activities:
1. Building Sandcastles: This classic beach activity is always a hit with kids. I’ve seen families spend hours constructing intricate sandcastles complete with moats and towers. It’s a great way to bond with your kids and get creative together.
2. Swimming and Snorkeling: With crystal-clear waters, this beach is perfect for swimming and snorkeling. I’ve seen families bring their own snorkeling gear and spot all kinds of marine life, from colorful fish to curious crabs.
3. Beach Volleyball: For more active families, beach volleyball is a fun way to burn off some energy. The beach has a dedicated volleyball court, and I’ve seen families of all ages play together.
4. Picnicking: If you’re looking for a more relaxed activity, why not pack a picnic and enjoy lunch on the beach? The beach has plenty of shaded areas and picnic benches, so you can enjoy a meal while taking in the stunning views.
5. Beachcombing: For curious kids (and adults!), beachcombing is a great way to explore the beach and discover new things. I’ve seen families collect shells, sea glass, and even fossils. It’s a great way to learn about the local ecosystem and have some fun at the same time.
Overall, the beach near Disney World is the perfect spot for families looking for a fun and relaxing day out. Whether you’re into swimming, volleyball, or simply soaking up the sun, there’s something for everyone. Plus, with its family-friendly amenities and welcoming atmosphere, it’s the perfect place to make lasting memories with your loved ones.
My Experience with Family-Friendly Beach Activities in Orlando
– Surfing Lessons: I had the opportunity to take surfing lessons at this beach and it was an unforgettable experience. The instructor was very patient and made sure that everyone in the group was comfortable before we hit the waves. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I was able to stand up on the board, and my family was so proud of me!
– Beach Volleyball: One afternoon, we joined a game of beach volleyball with some other families. It was a great way to meet other people and get some exercise in. Plus, it was a lot of fun to play in the sand!
– Snorkeling: We rented some snorkeling gear and explored the beautiful underwater world just off the shore. The water was clear and we were able to see all kinds of fish and sea creatures. My kids loved it and we spent hours exploring.
– Picnic on the Beach: We packed a cooler with some sandwiches and snacks and spent the day relaxing on the beach. We played games, read books, and watched the waves. It was the perfect way to unwind and enjoy some quality family time.
Overall, I highly recommend this beach for families visiting Orlando. The combination of beautiful scenery, family-friendly amenities, and fun activities make it the perfect destination for a day trip or even a longer stay.